View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim Voter ID laws go back to 1950, when South Carolina became the first state to start requesting identification from voters at the polls.

Many state had some form of voter ID the Republicans started pushing for stricter laws

And if you look at the states Trump lost. They all had voter ID .
Just proving the election integrity laws some states are pushing is no restrict voting

Look at Texas they have had Non-strict, photo I’d even in 2021. Then Trump lost and they saw the voter Turn out it the state and went bananas , DNA

https://www.ncsl.org/research/electi...hronology.aspx

Jim my issue isn’t with the need to show an ID in my town An election person ask my address finds it in a book ask my name matches it then draws a red line thru it. It’s been the same way for over 50 years . No problems and if the decided to change it to require an Strict photo ID . Based only that a candidate won or lost or some crazy was claiming mass voter fraud then I have aBut since the base believe the lie problem with that..

And that’s all these states did they saw Trump lose and then changed the laws to protect against something that didn’t happen ,

the cowardly Reps went along with it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Do you have any idea, how often you respond to something I never said?

I am aware that many states have voter id laws. I never said otherwise. What I said, and I am correct, is that conservatives generally want more common voter id, and liberals generally want less of it. And that it's natural to be suspicious of anyone who'd oppose something so obvious.

I don't support voter id laws because I think they will help republicans win more often. I have no idea if that's true or not. I support voter id laws because they make obvious sense, and because there's no conceivable reason to oppose them, unless you think your side will benefit by not having them.

I'm not obsessed with my side winning every single election, every single year. It's healthy if the pendulum swings back and forth a little.

"But since the base believe the lie..."

What lie are you claiming that I believe? Please be specific.

You don't even know what it is that you're disagreeing with. If I said "two plus two is four", you'd say that was a republican lie. You thoughtlessly, reflexively, instantly conclude that every syllable uttered by every republican is a sinister lie. It's a stupid, simplistic, demonstrably false view of reality.

Liberals tend to oppose id laws, even claiming that they are racist, which is deranged, unless the process to get id is easier for whites than it is for blacks.