View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I just watched 30 seconds of Fox broadcast. They were showing this quote about the capitol that some nut wrote for the NY Post

"It has bestowed the great gift of the moral high ground on the most undeserving people in the world: Joe Biden and the left.

They now have a free pass to persecute their ideological enemies while enacting their pet cultural Marxist projects and changing this country irrevocably for the worst."

Katie Pavlich, who apparently is a fox commentator, was asked what she thought "Most of that is true, but I disagree that they have a free pass."

So she agrees that the most undeserving people in the world are Joe Biden and the left. She believes they will persecute "their ideological enemies" (which is greatly ironic given the current administration that she almost certainly supports). She agrees with making a parallel between Biden's agenda and Marxism. If 80% of nutters are getting their info from these sources or worse, it clearly explains where we are. We will never be a functioning society when this is the rhetoric that a substantial and powerful (see gerrymandering and electoral college) portion of the country hears and believes.
Shes saying Biden is undeserving of the moral high ground. And shes right. When Biden tells a roomful of blacks "Republicans want to put y'all back in chains", and says blacks ain't really black unless they support him...well, hes got the right to say those things, but he can't say those things and THEN claim to be the one who's going to bring us together.

Trumps personality was very insulting and polarizing. I totally get why democrats hated him, heck, I hate him as a person too.

What democrats struggle to understand, is that Republicans don't like taking cheap elbows, either. Nobody has delivered more stupid insults than Trump. But democrat leadership has come close. They spent the last 4 years insisting that republicans are a bunch of racist, gay-bashing, sexist, xenophobic cave dwellers, vilifying the police, etc. Fine, they can say that. But again, don't then approach me with open arms and call for unity. It doesn't work that way. You can't have it both ways.

Would have been nice if maybe Bush and Obama (who are friendly) could have a press conference together, remind us of whatever it is that we have left in common.

There will be no unity under Biden (or Pelosi, Schumer, etc), his calls for unity are only slightly less absurd than Trump calls for unity.