View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 04:11 PM   #21
detbuch

Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is more of your baseless, hateful, destructive, and divisive rhetoric. He condemned the violence at the capitol.

PETE F: "We love you"

Yes, he loves his supporters, but not the violence of some idiots (whomever they may be)

His "Very fine people" comment, as he specifically said, IN THE VERY SAME, press gathering, did not refer to the Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. As I've said, you're a liar, and you repeat the same lies over and over even when they've been proven false. And he has condemned, disavowed, racism and white supremacy many times (at least 20 times captured on video) yet he is accused of never doing so--your Proud Boys reference was a response to the words used by Wallace in the debate when he asked Trump if he was willing to ask the white supremacists to "stand down." To which Trump replied "sure." And Biden threw in the Proud Boys. So Trump told them, misquoting or bumbling Wallace's "stand down" as stand back and stand by. And after the exchange in which Biden kept butting in and leading the conversation away from Trump's "sure," Wallace cut it off before any clarification could be made or the "sure" could be more direct. But the question directed by Wallace to Trump was unprofessional. A professional would have known that Trump had several times condemned White Supremacists. Or he should have done a quick check before inserting the question into his debate topics.

PETE F:Once again, you can interpret his thoghts to match your point, because Trump, being polite, would never interrupt to make sure he made his point.

Obviously, I think my interpretation is more honest than yours. But none would have been necessary if you and others hadn't claimed that Trump never condemned White Supremacists. It was a stupid, uninformed question that deserved as much contempt as it implied. If he had already condemned them several times, asking him again was disrespectful or ignorant. And If I recall correctly, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember if Wallace asked Biden if he condemned Antifa.

Your assertion that Trump wants violence and chaos is pure inflammatory propaganda. He's one of the few modern Presidents that has not got us into some war. He has been criticized for being too conciliatory. He has condemned violence, white supremacy, racism and bigotry. He has attempted to negotiate and make deals, not force behavior. And violence and chaos would have hurt his efforts to make trade deals, improve the economy, and create a task force to fight the pandemic, provide the equipment that should already have been in place

PETE F:(three years)

nine years, and the regulatory agency never mentioned that to Trump--it was apparently considered dormant. None-the-less, chaos and violence would have impeded the efforts to replace the equipment, and create a warp speed process to create a vaccine.

PETE F:You can normalize Trump's behavior all you want, he is headed for the dustbin of history, to be listed as the worst president ever.

I'm not normalizing what is already normal. I'm pointing out your abnormal, extreme, rhetoric.

PETE F:Trump organized and incited this riot. His supporters proceeded to kill a Capitol Police Officer. This may not have occurred on 5th Avenue, but Trump is responsible for this homicide. He bragged that he could get away with this exact thing. Will we let him?
President Trump fomented an insurrectionist mob that attacked the Capitol. He continues to take every opportunity to obstruct the peaceful transfer of power. These actions threaten our democracy and our Republic. Trump is entirely unfit to remain in office, and needs to go.

This is the very inflammatory, extreme, hyperbolic kind of propaganda that leads to violence.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-08-2021 at 04:23 PM..