View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 02:31 PM   #7
schoolie monster

I think he'd be great to have as a table setter and he's good defensively too... but MVP?

First of all, the MVP is the league's most valuable player right? Not most valuable to your team, right?

Its why I thought A-Rod winning it was a joke... how valuable can you be if your team is 30 games out? Its got to lead to wins. A player's value is definitely linked to wins.

Stats don't win games.

To me, an MVP has got to be a difference maker, a game changer... Manny is definitely that.. Bonds is definitely that... Sheffield has been that this season.

If Seattle was competing, would Ichiro be an MVP candidate?

Yes, I think he would. He is just a singles hitter, but every one of his singles can end up a double with his speed. And he can get himself in scoring position more than most players... BUT...

I'm never gonna choose him over the guy that drives him in every night. The guy that can change a game with every swing and often does.

But bottom line... they stink so all the infield slaps to short and 3rd obviously can't make them competitive. So he ain't all that valuable. He's no Johnny Damon
schoolie monster is offline   Reply With Quote