View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Question Is Anyone Impressed With Ichiro Suzuki's Season Stats?

They are ranting and raving on WEEI all week about Ichiro's stats in regards to how many hits he could end up with this season. He has an outside shot at breaking #^&#^&#^&#^& Sislers long standing record of 257 hits in a season! I am pretty sure Sisler set his mark in a shorter season (154 games) than the 162 game schedule of today......however I am impressed that Ichiro has only played in 139 games thus far.....he currently has 229 hits in 610 at-bats.....22 doubles...5 triples....8 homers..... man, talk about a singles hitter! He only has 39 walks and his batting average is .375 currently. They are talking on EEI about his being in the running for League MVP....that is a laugh in my opinion! You got a guy like Manny who is hitting ?????? .320 I think with 40 homers and 120 batted in.....is there even a comparison there? What do you guys think of the fact that Ichiro could break that record? I think he is a fine hitter, but he does little to make his team better! Opinions? Conjecture?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote