View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 03:00 PM   #147
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In addition to being legally wrong, all of the radical right wing justices said in their hearings before Congress that Roe was settled law.
I expected no less from the Christian Nationalist Court.
They also stated that other settled law should be looked at also.
You won’t worry about it till they come after special education and associated entitlements.
Because states rights
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"In addition to being legally wrong,"

Not exactly a lot of substance there, as to why it's legally wrong. Because you can't provide any substance as to why it's not legally wrong.

"all of the radical right wing justices said in their hearings before Congress that Roe was settled law."

Did any of them pledge never, under any circumstances, to overturn any historical precedents? Sorry, it was Ginsburg who started the practice of refusing to make those specific promises, and every single nominee after her has said the same thing.

Since you keep dodging, I'll ask for the 3rd time...are you ever OK with overturning supreme court precedents? Or is it "settled law" every time the SCOTUS makes a ruling? Or is it only settled law when they make a ruling you happen to like?

"They also stated that other settled law should be looked at also."

If they believe that previous settled law was settled incorrectly according to the constitution, then it's their job to consider hearing it. There oath isn't to upholding precedent, it's to preserving the constitution.

"You won’t worry about it till they come after special education and associated entitlements."

I have a special needs kid, I'm very content with the feds staying completely out of his education, and letting those decisions be made locally.