View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 07:30 AM   #128
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Now you’re a worldwide activist against tyranny?

you’re tilting at windmills if you say today’s democrats want more individual liberty than today’s republicans. it’s absurd.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Of the 26 states that will have or likely will ban abortion now, 18 of those states have anti-trans laws; 19 have passed greater voter restrictions laws; All 26 states have disproportionate amounts of infant mortality especially for Black women.
The states pushing abortion bans are the poorest in the union with the highest child poverty rates; All 26 states have passed or are considering state-wide bans on critical race theory.
All 26 states have Republican supermajority (13) or simple majority (13) which gives the power pass or veto any legislation; 11 did not expand Medicaid, most in the South where 56% of Black people live; 7 of the 13 states w/trigger laws viz overturning of Roe are from the confederacy.
11 of the states have anti-sanctuary laws against undocumented immigrants. All 26 states have anti-protest legislation. Most of the anti-abortion states rank in the 50 percentile for pre-K-12 education.
An average of 70 percent of people in in the 26 states go to church at least once a month. White Christian nationalism drives the spat of legislation that seeks to return the United States to a pre-Civil Rights movement era.
Aggrieved white boys like you have enabled every right wing attack and movement.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin