View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
school board’s decision

following concerns raised by parents over racism.

the main character his actions are not heroic “In reality, Atticus was an unwilling participant not a civil rights crusader;

I agree with you the book is full of racism ,

I don’t think the concern is teaching about racism

Parents concerns of CRT would be legitimate if it was actually happening

And this is the State looking to ban books huge difference

Krause sent a letter on Monday to the Texas Education Agency and superintendents of school districts around the state, asking each official to confirm whether their schools possess any books on his list, along with a detailed accounting of where they are and how much money was spent on them.

but his request mentioned several recent pushes to remove books from libraries and classrooms if they center on issues from transgender identity to critical race theory

https://www.marshall.edu/library/ban...a-mockingbird/

List all the ban attempts of the book not all are liberal areas one was over Challenged at the Brentwood (TN) Middle School because the book contains “profanity” and “contains adult themes such as sexual intercourse, rape, and incest.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
oh, atticus finch wasn’t a hero?

have you ever read the book? just because you can post a quote from some moron, doesnt make it true.

i’ve read it ten times. the only reason atticus expressed any concern over taking on racism, was his children. he felt bad that he had to expose them to the ugliness of the world. But he did it anyway. He did it generously, skillfully, and at great risk to himself.

jesus god almighty wayne.

Duh.