Thread: Do you.......
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #18
eastendlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltfly View Post
that's an easy and tough question all mixed in one.I moved from Braintree to the cape in 1985.Took a 30% cut in pay[ma bell] and 50% raise in rent.Best thing I ever did.I sold my slide-in camper and 19' n.american c.c.,gave my brother my 76 f-250[mechanic at Dave Dinger ford].Bought a new 86 bronco and started "livin the good life".The first year I saved $12,000 by not hanging in the bars[weymouth landing] and partying.Working out of Orleans I learned all the back roads and little places not traveled.Took an offer to work on Nantucket for the summers.Locked up the appt.[w.dennis] the 1st week of may and came back after laborday.worked pretty much 7 days a week &fished most nights,heaven!!Did that ten years.Almost moved there but now I'm glad I didn't[too crowded].Got engaged bought a couple of acres and built a house in Truro.This was my "Nantucket".Things were great for a few years.Took an early buy-out at 52[34yrs] and then the relationship went into the toilet.Subdivided the property and sold the house.Moved to Orleans 3 yrs ago.Now with all the "issues" both natural and man-made with the beaches and infrastructure in general.I'm looking at the possibility of finding a "golden pond" or acreage in w.mass,vt,n.h.,me.I still co-own an acre in truro but can't afford to buy it.I love this place in the off-season,these next two months you can have it.When I have to go up to Boston and drive through my old"hood" I thank god I got out when I did.ANYONE WANT TO BUY AN ACRE IN TRURO??

How much???

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote