Thread: Do you.......
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 AM   #17
saltfly

that's an easy and tough question all mixed in one.I moved from Braintree to the cape in 1985.Took a 30% cut in pay[ma bell] and 50% raise in rent.Best thing I ever did.I sold my slide-in camper and 19' n.american c.c.,gave my brother my 76 f-250[mechanic at Dave Dinger ford].Bought a new 86 bronco and started "livin the good life".The first year I saved $12,000 by not hanging in the bars[weymouth landing] and partying.Working out of Orleans I learned all the back roads and little places not traveled.Took an offer to work on Nantucket for the summers.Locked up the appt.[w.dennis] the 1st week of may and came back after laborday.worked pretty much 7 days a week &fished most nights,heaven!!Did that ten years.Almost moved there but now I'm glad I didn't[too crowded].Got engaged bought a couple of acres and built a house in Truro.This was my "Nantucket".Things were great for a few years.Took an early buy-out at 52[34yrs] and then the relationship went into the toilet.Subdivided the property and sold the house.Moved to Orleans 3 yrs ago.Now with all the "issues" both natural and man-made with the beaches and infrastructure in general.I'm looking at the possibility of finding a "golden pond" or acreage in w.mass,vt,n.h.,me.I still co-own an acre in truro but can't afford to buy it.I love this place in the off-season,these next two months you can have it.When I have to go up to Boston and drive through my old"hood" I thank god I got out when I did.ANYONE WANT TO BUY AN ACRE IN TRURO??
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote