Thread: Do you.......
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Jimbo

We don't necessarily live in central NJ by choice. We just started out here because my wife had a job and then I got one, then we got married and little by little set down roots. Now it's partly that I've got a good job with good benefits, but it's unique and I would probably not be able to go anywhere else and do it if I were let go, so I'm handcuffed by that.
My mom's a Capee and my foilks are retired in S. Yarmouth now. My grandmother's still the reigning oldest living resident in Dennis, cousins and extended family I'm close to are in West Dennis or we hook up there during the year. The property has been in the family since post Civil War time. No place else I'd rather spend time or end up, and I will, just not soon, maybe when the kids move out and I can actually consider a career change.
Sort of related to this topic. I saw a truck in our parking lot with Hyannis Toyota and Mass places so I tracked down the owner. Really nice, new guy in our company that's lived in the center of Wellfleet for the past 11 years. He told me since he moved there he thought he couldn't live anywhere else and it's the toughest thing he's ever had to do, but he's got to move his family closer to work and is finding a place in PA.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote