View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #33
schoolie monster

I have to agree with GS, Petey is a jerk. He drilled Garcia in the back on purpose b/c he was gettin' knocked around. That's lame.

But the yankees overreacted... he didn't throw at Garcia's head like roger has done a 100 times. Roger almost killed Piazza a couple years ago and he hit Mueller in the face this season. Pedro aimed at Garcia's ribs. And Garcia then becomes a professional wrestler yelling, picking fights and even charging into that dugout altercation. Major tough guy I guess.

And the pitches in the earlier game vs. the yanks that hit Soriano and Jeter were freakin' strikes. Soriano stands on top of the plate.

As for Manny, he knew it was comin' and he overreacted. But again, the yanks covered themselves in glory... if you heard Clemens after the game, he said, " I didn't start it"... what is he, 8 years old. I didn't start it? This is a grown man talking.

As for Zimmer, badmouth Pedro all you want for throwing the pitch and things he said later, but when someone comes at you, you defend yourself. And he didn't punch him, he just O-layed him and the idiot fell down.

The whole thing was embarassing and IMO, it was 70% Pedro's fault for being a punk and hitting a guy out of frustration.

Glad its behind them and its 2-2... let's go Derek.
schoolie monster is offline   Reply With Quote