View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 06:52 PM   #139
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't mind giving you an occasion to be glad. The Progressives have stated many times throughout their history in this country that the Constitution was not, or no longer, useful, but that it was a hinderance. That is not tin foil, that is fact. Some have wanted it totally abolished, some want it mostly scrapped, they have always used "interpretation" to circumvent its meaning and purpose.

I don't know if that would make you glad, but it is verifiable. As Spence might say, for instance, check the archives on this forum. I spent considerable time and words verifying it. I don't want to . . . I am getting tired of . . going over things that have already been said, over and over. Check it out if you wish . . . or stay glad wrapped in tinfoil.

Most constitutional originlist are that way because I think It requires no critical thinking skills or objectivity it requires they just imagine what the founders were thinking in 1788.

Because they can’t accept American and it’s people don’t stand still
They evolve and that scares them

constitutional text is fixed at the time of its ratification,” and that that original meaning “is law” even today.

Imagine if the field of medicine or mathematics science or technology worked under the same logic

But hea now we have a court that’s all about going backwards