View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 07:41 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It seems to most Trump supporters a coup is only a coup if it succeeds…. Anything before such as the planning coordination between people in the executive branch legislative branch and now seems the judiciary. And media talking heads. And laying the ground work for a stolen election Mantra since 2016 which Trump couldn’t use because he actually won legitimately. .. all that doesn’t matter !

because a very large group think he still won and it was stolen , and these are primary voters who could make him the nomination again ..

And who would want a lame duck POTUS a his Cult because they expect him and Congress to change Twenty-Second Amendment which where the 2 term provision for President come from.

And recent history clearly shows what Republicans will do to stay in power
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"It seems to most Trump supporters a coup is only a coup if it succeeds"

No, but it does seem that none of you can respond to what people actually say, so you respond to what you wish we said.

It had no chance of ever succeeding, because it wasn't a serious challenge to the election.

If my 10 year-old says "I'm going to hold my breath until they give the win to Trump", is that a coup? Or is that just someone acting irrationally?

What do you call it when after the 2016 election, SOME (not all) congressional democrats challenged the legitimacy of the Trump win in several states, when they had zero evidence that anything funny happened? Why wasn't that a coup?

If Trump and a small handful of the January 6 rioters were involved in a premeditated plot, show me the evidence and punish them accordingly. Please tell me what's wrong with that reaction?

How many democrats referred to Trump for his whole 4 years as an "illegitimate president"? Did you ever once say that was inappropriate?

Everything the left does is OK, everything the right does is wrong, we get it!

WDMSO, after the 2016 election, a tiny number of congressional democrats didn't like that their side lost, so they tried to overturn the election results with phony claims that the election was stolen in some states.

Now, some on the right did the same exact thing after the 2020 election, and you've spent a lot of energy criticizing them, and I agree with you 100%, what they did was completely wrong.

But we all know you never said a word to criticize the democrats who did the same thing in 2016. Why? Please explain the obvious double standard. Why do democrats always get a pass from you, for doing the same thing that you attack Republicans for doing? In 2016, even Joe Biden (to his credit) told those democrats to knock it off, because the election was over.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-29-2022 at 07:47 AM..