View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

I have said this a lot .. Trump needs to be looked at in his totality.

A dumb question ? will you respect the out come of the election ....

How is that a dumb question ? After all he has said about the election...?

Why so dismissive about the question ... but the lack of an answer is acceptable
Looking at Trump in his totality, if you're honest, would include his successes in life and during his presidency. His totality does not create a picture, if you're honest, of a racist, a homophobe, a white natonalist Neo-Nazi, an anti-Semite, a dumb stupid person who is totally incompetent. His totality does not show him to be worse in his sexual conduct than some of the most admired and supposedly successful Presidents. His totality in his first term as President would include inheriting the worst recovery from a recession/depression since the 1940's and turning it into a booming economy, having constitutionally oriented judges appointed to the Supreme Court and its lower district courts, making NATO more financially stable, creating more stability in the Middle East, not entering into stupid wars.

I'm not going to comment on Biden's totality, though from what I have heard and read from those who oppose him, it doesn't seem to be the picture of some shining example of an honorable man. But that is irrelevant to me.

What I care about is not the totality of either candidate, but the totality of the Progressive agenda and which party most fully embraces it. I believe the constitutional republic we've inherited is a far more reliable system to ensure what was once considered our unalienable rights. I know that Progressivism's mission is firstly, to put it simply, the elimination of any notion of limited government.