View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I have to disagree here, Kevin. It does not keep me up, nor am suffering TDS, as the supporters have labeled the non-believers... His statement is simply setting up a narrative, that will be repeated often, giving it some sort of acceptance and legitimacy, to be used if/when he should lose the election. It is an outrageous claim to make, especially as a sitting president. Can you imagine the outrage if Obama had made the same statement? This guy is unqualified....
I think he actually believes what he said. Should he not have said it? I don't think he should have said it not because of something he could use if he lost the election. At that point, it really wouldn't matter, and there would be all kind of print and electronic media "proving" that no fraud occurred which would continue extending the notion that he is stupid, etc. And he knows damn well how the media reacts to anything he does or says. I think he shouldn't have said it because it just sets up more accusations to be hurled at him, as has happened.

As far as if Obama had made the same outrageous statement as a sitting President, he may not have made the same statement, but he said a number of outrageous and divisive statements while he was President. Two that come up immediately were "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," which he should have known could prejudice a jury in the trial against Zimmerman, as well as hardening the racial divide, and his accusation that "Cambridge police acted stupidly" when they arrested his friend professor Gates, before he even knew all the facts. A comment that he must have known would not help the friction between blacks and police.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-20-2020 at 02:31 PM..