View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 07:56 AM   #81
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m not making a conservative argument about gun rights. i’m making an argument about what an originalists is, and what an originalist isn’t.

I’d like to see more restrictions, but we probably need to amend the constitution first. that’s our system. If democrats can get to ignore parts of the constitution they don’t like when they’re in power, then republicans can do the same thing when they’re in power. That’s too much power. Safer if everybody is subject to the same
exact limitations.

here’s a question, how come when you mention gun violence you always limit your opinion to mass shootings, when those account for a small percentage of gun deaths? why is all the talk about assault rifles, when those are involved in a tiny fraction of gun deaths? why don’t we prioritize the issue that claims so many more lives? handgun violence in the cities, and now fentanyl deaths, are a much much bigger problem. Yet The left never, ever mentions them.

i’m pretty sure i know what the answer is. but i’m curious to know what you’d claim the answer to be.
Maybe Jim you would agree the average every day gun death by a single gun isn’t likely putting the average American at risk, unless your living in a high crime area or behind the counter at the local liquor store or 7/11. What now is a threat to the average citizen or their children IS a mass shooting at a school, a mall, your local Walmart or some far right nuts taking out your entire cities powe grid.