View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 12:14 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So why do the majority of the stats show that the states historically run by D admins. rank higher than the majority of the states run by R admins? Just a coincidence or is it a philosophy the 2 parties have? Studies based on 350M people is a pretty credible group and the stats show the Ds states rank better than the R states.
This has been asked and answered many times. Democrats, on average, are wealthier than Republicans. That's correlation, not causation. There's nothing in conservative ideology that leads to poverty. But todays brand of liberalism is more attractive to people who are already wealthy, than todays brand of conservatism.

This is another example of "everything is OK when democrats do it", because not long ago Wall Street leaned right, and liberals never stopped attacking the GOP for catering to the super rich. Today the rich lean left, and - voila! - all of a sudden it's not a bad thing when your side caters to the wealthy.

You asked, I tried to answer. Is there any chance you can show me the same courtesy? What services to I get from the state of CT thanks to my taxes, which I would lose if I moved to NH thanks to their not having state taxes?

If I moved to NH, I'd still work hard, I'd still like to read, I'd still watch my kids like a hawk and make sure they were doing their homework, I'd make sure I limited their screen time and got them into healthy activities. I'd still exercise and eat right. The state government of NH would not force me to give up my healthy habits.

It's got nothing to do with the state government. In my case, I'd have a ton more money to spend on my kids, better private schools, nicer vacations together, I could afford better colleges for them.

Paul, it's probably at least $15k a year in my pocket (more like 20k a year now that my wife is working) that I'd save. I don't get anywhere near that from the state of CT that I wouldn't get in a nice suburb of NH.

Please tell me what I'm getting for that money, that I wouldn't get in NH. Hundreds of thousands of dollars over an entire career. And what do I get for it? A bill that the state of CT will hand me, for promises they made on my behalf to labor unions, which couldn't be funded even with the stupid taxes we currently pay. That's what I'll get. UCONN is very expensive (cheaper to pay out of state for public university in FL, and that is fact), our roads suck, our cities suck, our electric bills just went up 50% if you have Eversource, gas is expensive, we pay local car taxes annually that moost states don't charge...it goes on and on and on.