View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This never happened Jim.
Are you saying that when the school board wrote the letter, and listed examples of things that might be domestic terrorism, that the nazi salute wasn't on the list? Is that what you're saying?

To the question on CRT not being in schools...Spence, can I teach Marxism, without ever mentioning Karl Marx? If I advocate for his ideals, isn't that advocating for Marxism?

CRT isn't a copyrighted name brand.

From Brittanica...

"critical race theory (CRT), intellectual and social movement and loosely organized framework of legal analysis based on the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category that is used to oppress and exploit people of colour. Critical race theorists hold that racism is inherent in the law and legal institutions of the United States insofar as they function to create and maintain social, economic, and political inequalities between whites and nonwhites, especially African Americans. "

Anyone who teaches this theory, advocates for this theory, is teaching critical race theory. It doesn't matter what label you put on it. If I buy a bottle of coke and change the label, it's still coke inside the bottle.

This is such a stupid and intellectually lazy argument. And it won't help the left next November either.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory