View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 10:48 AM   #153
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I suppose you're happier with this

GOP: Teachin' slavery was real is racist.

GOP: Blacks demandin' equality is racist.

GOP: There's no racism in America, except by minorities.

GOP: Bannin' books is good.

GOP: Nazi salutes are "free speech".

GOP: Violence to win elections is "patriotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
show me a republican with influence, who is opposed to teaching about slavery. you literally just make stuff up out of thin air. i’d imagine that’s tiring.

here’s something that actually happened, something that actually took place. democrats claimed that people making the nazi salute, are domestic terrorists. that was in the school board letter .

you don’t think making the nazi salute is free speech? seriously? it should be a crime?

Your world is getting darker and darker Pete.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Once again you pick a couple of items out of a list, just like Rafael with his performance at the hearing.

Would you be upset if a teacher said this?

“Think about this. For 246 years, slavery was legal in America. It wasn’t made illegal until 154 years ago,” the 26-year-old teacher told the 23 students sitting before him at Fort Dodge Middle School. “So, what does that mean? It means slavery has been a part of America much longer than it hasn’t been a part of America.”

It is a simple observation, but it is also a revelatory way to think about slavery in America and its inextricable role in the country’s founding, evolution and present. Ours is a nation born as much in chains as in freedom. A century and a half after slavery was made illegal — and 400 years after the first documented arrival of enslaved people from Africa in Virginia — the trauma of this inherited disease lingers.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin