View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #140
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

What's shocking to me is the great surprise here as every politician in the world says one thing and does another.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
we're not talking about every politician in the world...we're talking about HRC....I think the great surprise for many here...is that for this particular politician, whose lies can be chronicled for decades and whose lies have been egregious and repetitive to the degree that a healthy % in the country when polled come up with the word "liar" to describe her (I'm not sure what you've got in terms of actual evidence for your "every politician in the world" hypocrite contention)...the surprise is that she is so aggressively defended and championed as someone who should be our President...

no Eben, we're not surprise that Hillary lies(it's actually expected at this point).... nor that politicians the world over lie or are hypocrites, or that people the world over lie or are hypocrites, but lying...particularly when it involves someone in a position of power and trust and involves great consequences should carry a stigma and even penalty, for some it appears to be an asset...you can't continue to claim the government is corrupt if you don't hold politicians or appointees of politicians accountable( if you haven't noticed the money, power and influence that currently exists in Washington makes it almost impossible to hold anyone accountable *note Justice Dept re: IRS and Lois L)....you can't continue to complain about corporate welfare etc.. while supporting and voting for someone who promises to grow the size and scope of government and funnel more of the country's resources through it (which will only exacerbate the problems that you currently see)...

"The point is that when it comes to Clinton's lying and the press(and others) not caring and turning their derision on those who do, it’s déjà vu for as far as the eye can see."

"We’ve grown accustomed to public officials lying to us, but the fabric of society requires we maintain a reasonable level of trust in those we’ve elected to protect our interests. When you’ve abused that trust, you invite chaos and misery."

Last edited by scottw; 10-25-2015 at 07:14 AM..