View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
Back Beach
Respect your elvers

The finish

"Everest" was one of the very best obstacles as you had to scale a 15' tall half pipe, which a lot of the better athletes did unassisted. After you got to the top you hung out for a bit and helped fellow mudders to the top if they needed assistance.

As expected, my tangle with the electric eel made for a lot of anxiety as I knew the final obstacle was the now famous, "electroshock therapy." This required another pass through dangling 10,000 volt electric wires to reach the finish line...

The four of us approached electroshock kind of bewildered until someone finally shouted "GO"... and we went...I just put my head down and charged. Amazingly, I got through without getting nailed and crossed the finish line. I looked back and Joe was not in sight yet...apparently he took two hard shots and got knocked down twice before escaping the dangling wires. As the four of us gathered at the finish line a huge sense of camaraderie, accomplishment and teamwork was apparent. I was so effing happy as was the rest of our crew. What a day away from the office this was:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Everest 2.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	51963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Everest.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	51964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Everest 3.jpg
Views:	347