View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #26
Rockfish9

as others have said.. by the letter of the law you were in violation.. even though technically you were legal.. we complain when the EPO's don't ticket people.. we complain when they do.. IMHO you were treated fairly.. they could have summonsed you ( and made it stand) and let a judge sort it out.. costing you a lot of money.. they also could have confiscated everything you owned.. by taking your fish they still doled out a punishment but as a teaching moment... you get the message and get to fish another day... as I read the law.. it says possession of striped bass to be 1... not a daily limit of 1.. so as I read it.. if you have one in your freezer and keep another.. you are technically in violation...more fodder for discussion..

A 1" patch of skin leaves no doubt as to the species of fish involved... it can be removed at home easy enough and run through a garbage disposal or flushed down the toilet... or even dried in the sun then thrown out with the trash.... my wife likes the crispy( fried or grilled) skin so I don't have that issue...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote