View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #121
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No the quote was from a judge who issued a stay.

The Associated Press and CNN disagree with you. They both quote Idaho's Governor Little as saying the words you quoted.

From the AP: When he signed the bill, Idaho’s governor noted his concerns with the legislation.

“Deputizing private citizens to levy hefty monetary fines on the exercise of a disfavored but judicially recognized constitutional right for the purpose of evading court review undermines our constitutional form of government and weakens our collective liberties,” Little wrote.

From CNN: Idaho Republican Gov. Brad Little, who suggested that the law was likely to be found unconstitutional. Even as he signed the bill into law last week, Little raised concerns that the "novel civil enforcement mechanism will in short order be proven both unconstitutional and unwise."
"Deputizing private citizens to levy hefty monetary fines on the exercise of a disfavored but judicially recognized constitutional right for the purpose of evading court review undermines our constitutional form of government and weakens our collective liberties," Little said in a statement accompanying the signing.

Then you have Texas woman charged with murder for ‘self-induced abortion’

I mentioned that in response to Pete F. And now the charges against her have been dropped.

How would government be aware of a self induced abortion?

Government would have to reveal and prove that at trial.

doubt progressivism is as dangerous as your suggesting

It's not "dangerous" to Progressives. Perhaps you're a Progressive.

I saw this

Modern conservatives don’t fear technology, they oppose new technologies that harm their friends. Put simply: renewable energy is a threat to the mining industry,oil and gas industry
Make perfect sense

I don't see evidence that they oppose renewable energy. They talk about cost differentials, feasability, getting totally rid of a current form before a new form is ready to totally displace it, depending on the still needed current form from foreign sources instead of American production, etc.

Their against Gays and abortion and Transgenders . Again because they think it harms their base who are Heavily White, Religious and They prefer authoritarianism to democracy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They're not "against" Gays and Transgenders. They oppose special rights for them, especially when those special rights infringe on everyone else's rights.

They oppose most abortions, not all, on princpal, not because they are "Heavily white, Religious and prefer authoritarianism to democracy. Blacks are as much against Gays and Transgenders as are whites. Maybe more so. And Blacks are probably more religious than whites. And blacks are at least as authoritarian as whites, in my opinion more so.

And democracy has nothing to do with the oppositions and preferences. Authoritarians, as in every country including ours, can be and are elected. A democracy allows authoritarians to gain control and shape a country and destroy the very system that got them elected. A constitutional democratic republic, can guard against that IF THE CONSTITUTION IS FOLLOWED AND NOT INTERPRETED INTO OBLIVION.

Progressive political philosophy and ultimate agenda is to replace our Constitutional order with a totally dominant system of permanent and unelected regulatory agencies run by "experts" that control every aspect of our lives. Whatever "democracy" remains in their governmental system will be a centrally controlled "expert" elite that competes with itself for power and from which our "candidates" come.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-10-2022 at 06:32 PM..