Thread: Record Year?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 12:52 PM   #9
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
There is a lot to be said on that point, kids with two parents working just don’t have the structure, guidance, rules, work ethic, civility, discipline, honesty, the list of what is lacking just by observing the youth of today out and about is disturbing.

Guns are also just to available, US is a special kind of place, but at the same time a dangerous place in certain communities, celebrations and gathering places. Growing up my parents never locked our doors during the day, we all came and went without giving security a second thought.
Yep. and then you give the kids an XBox loaded with first person shooter games and let them watch violent movies like John Wick and the seed will start to germinate. Of course all seeds dont grow into a tree, so lets say one kid in a few million go down the road of confusing fantasy with reality. I am not Pro gun, nor am I anti Gun.. But I sure am Pro-mental health. Sometimes the knee jerk reaction is a 2 dimensional solution where you should really be looking at things in a broader spectrum. Would we Ban fishing poles if there was a mass poaching event? No we would look at the underlying issues of why its happening.