View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 09:26 PM   #283
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the point of the data i posted, is that the top 1% pay a share of income tax that’s twice as large as their proportion of income. Which means, our tax system is very progressive

Wealthy people getting wealthier, does not make anyone else a surf. Wealth is not finite. If Jeff Bezos earns another million this afternoon, that doesn’t mean there’s a million less for
me and you to scrounge for. it has zero impact on me and you, other than it probably decreases our tax burden.

here, you’re saying wealth is bad. but in other posts, you brag that the wealthiest people are mostly democrats.

So which is it?

One persons wealth, doesn’t cause another persons poverty. It’s not a zero sum game.

Every single one of us, knows people who started out poor and got rich.
Call it whatever you want, in 1971, a whole lot more American adults were living in a middle-class household. That's not the case today, as the middle class has shrunk in the last five decades — and the richest households have seen their earnings swell.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin