View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 03:54 PM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Guess you missed In Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421 (1962), the Supreme Court ruled that school-sponsored prayer in public schools violated the establishment clause of the First Amendment.

But our SJC didn’t seem to care his prayers were not the issue it was the location.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Aha! False equivalence! I call false equivalence!

Unlike you, I will explain WHY your equivalence is false. In the case of the football coach, the school was not sponsoring the prayer, the school was not requiring or suggesting or encouraging students to participate in the prayer.

The coach was praying by himself, alone, after games were over. Some of his players chose to join. Are you pro-choice? Geez, not when it comes to school choice, apparently not when it comes to faithful people practicing their religion unless it's behind closed doors?

None of the school's business.

But the tolerant left, always so tolerant of others...

No American can be compelled to abandon his faith when he shows up for work. The employer (school in this case) can not pressure anyone else to participate. But if people freely choose to engage in religion in public, they have every right to do do.

Why do liberals CARE so much? If they didn't like it, they didn't have to participate in it. But that's not enough for the left, they have to eradicate from view, that which they hate.