View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #26
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Timber - What did the dealer say about your 'Yota?

Bringing mine in today and already know that the frame is rotted to hell. Just trying to prepare for the 45 minute sales pitch.

Although I do need a new truck, it's a pain in the arse having to go switch vehicles with the wife when I have to pick up the kids.

they test your frame (hammer)

Take the info etc. I let them know I prefer the repair option, I dont want to jump into a new 20-30 truck hell nah! My taco is 4cyl I can take that thing to 250k no problem.

Service manager called yesterday and offered me 1.5 x's kbb value at excellent condition for the truck if I wanted to sell it to them + 1k if I buy a another taco or tundra. I let them know I was more interested in the repair option. They've offered me a temp. vehicle while everything is sorted out. Service guy said if theres anything wrong with the vehicle they dont want me driving around in it, I'm calling them after work tonight.

I'm stressing to them I want the repairs made etc. The company handling this for toyota is named isg, Once they contact me I guess I'll get the info on the repair option. And how that will go. they arent being pushy/ sales at all I told them I wanted the repair option and we're going down that road. They did mention that if I wanted to jump into a new/used truck they'd be VERY happy to help me out

so far 1.5x's kbb +1k and any other current offers or incentives for a new/used taco or tundra

or

Getting the repairs done for the bubble.

I'm shooting for the bubble.

Once I hear the repair options etc.. I'll see which is more practical. If going with something new/used I'd want to even swap as much as possible. I want to keep my truck and have it repaired, but at the same time if i can swap into something used with less mileage at an even or as close to even as possible swap and its a bigger truck I may go with that. A friends a service manager at a dif. yota shop going to make a call and see what hes got on his lot just in case

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote