Thread: Hilary email
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No, there's not a lot of disagreement there. It's established practice that the agency that develops a piece of intelligence, has sole authority to classify it, and all other agencies are bound to accept that. So if the CIA takes a pic of North Korea missile movements and classifies it as top secret or higher, Hilary doesn't get to decide that it's no more sensitive that her yoga schedule.
But that's not what's happening. The information being discussed wasn't classified when she was at State. It was either classified after she left or classified as part of the email release process. Given the media scrutiny around there simply could be things they don't want to draw attention to.

Quote:
Absolutely, 100% false. The 2 emails cited in the story I posted, were deemed to have been higher than top secret before they got to Hilary's server. The IG considers that "a closed matter". The State Dept tried to change the classification, but as I said, they don't get to do that unless they developed the information.
That's also not entirely true.

This is based on off the record information...but what appears to have happened is an aid forwarded Clinton a few emails citing public news reporting about the political fallout from drone strikes. Because the drone strikes weren't supposed to be happening (ssssshhhhhhhhhh) the program was considered top secret/SAP and so any government correspondence on the topic "should" be handled with that designation.

I'm sure some will clamor that Clinton would have known this and should have rang the alarm bell on mishandling information, but that's pretty silly...If the above is true you can toss this right back into the dust bin with all the other accusations.