View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 09:51 AM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Too much emotion on both sides and not wading through the thread, so this is likely one and done... This one hits close to the bone with a 3rd and 6th grader. Plus I am staying out of here in protest of ScottW fishing the keys for a month straight....

If I were the Dem in the senate, I would put up a clean bill with some of the topics presented here (background, waiting, etc). Get everyone on the record on each of these issues rather than a more convoluted bill trying to do everything.

I would recommend a book called 'Gunfight' by Ryan Busse. Interesting perspective (former gun company executive) on the cultural change in the last decade or so, particularly on the marketing of body armor/tactical gear/AR-type weapons etc. to couch commandos.. He has a Ted talk out there as well.
i don’t think it can be denied that the look of the ar-15 fuels
the fantasies of a small number of very, very sick folks. that has to be part of this. but if we ban them going forward, given how many are out there, does it do anything? or do we confiscate the ones that are out there?

we had a nationwide assault weapons ban. they let it lapse, because it didn’t do anything. but that was before the rise of these couch commando mass killings, maybe it would have more of an impact now, on those?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device