View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #47
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M View Post
I only met him a few times. First was at the first SOL RI fling. I was up in Weekapaug B&T a few weeks later and he recognized me and talked for a few minutes. I was suprised he remembered who I was. I mean I was just (still) a plug building moron. He was HABS (in my mind). HABS were everything a plug should be. He was always down to earth and I really enjoyed that about him.

I always had a real deep respected for the way he went about his business. I always knew I would never be a HABS, but always thought if there was to be a model for this plug building world, he was it. The plug building world wouldn't be what it is today without him.

That was John--if you met him once, he'd remember you years later. I met John at one of the MSBA shows when they were still at the Braintree Armory. I was there with Brad the Hawg Hunter. John came over and talked plugmaking with Brad and gave him a bunch of pre-punched lips, as Brad was trying his hand at making swimmers. A couple of years later I ran into him at Watch Hill light, and he remembered me as "Brad's friend from NY". I saw him a lot more over the years, after that.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote