View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 09:55 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Only you and the Christian Right think baking a cake is as you say is some how being a participant.. as if they got an invitation

With that logic the rental place could choose to not rent them chairs tables or a tent . A hotel could refuse to provide a room .

Or I could refuse a charter to any religion . By just claiming my religious believes don’t allow it

I get it you support discrimination

What newest chat has phrase

. Have fun answering that .

It’s funny you claim it’s about totalitarianism. But would vote for Trump .

I suggest you look up the meaning of totalitarianism and it’s place in history.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Only you and the Christian Right think baking a cake is as you say is some how being a participant.. as if they got an invitation "

You're not smart enough to grasp it. I didn't say the baker (or photographer, or florist or whatever) is a guest. That's the point, they aren't there as a guest, they are a part of the wedding, not just a guest to it.

I was strongly in favor of gay marriage, when Obama and Hilary were adamantly opposed to it. Which, because you never ever disagree with the leaders of the left, means I was in favor of gay marriage long begore you were.

I'm also in favor of the idea that the Bill Of Rights isn't limited to those that you or I happen to agree with. You disagree, you'd limit those rights in cases where you don't agree with the person trying to exercise those rights. But that's not how it works, that's exactly why every courthouse has a statue of Lady Justice wearing a blindfold. That's what the blindfold represents.

Just use another damned baker. One who wants to participate.