Thread: NRA
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
So your arguing that in fact citizens need these weapons for defense against those that illegally aquire them ?
That's the NRA position also .
I'm saying without the rifle there is no telling how many might have died with the semi automatic hand guns he had also. Maybe more ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"So your arguing that in fact citizens need these weapons for defense against those that illegally aquire them ?
That's the NRA position also "

Right. That's also your position, at least that's what you posted before. I concede that in extremely rare situations, citizens might need these weapons for protection. We agree on that. I don't agree that it's common for citizens to need such a weapon, but I wouldn't say 'never' either.

Somehow, we disagree on the downside ogf these weapons, that in random mass murder killing sprees, these weapons will increase the body count compared to handguns. You seem to disagree that these weapons pose any greater danger than handguns, when in the hands of a would-be mass-murderer.

I asked this 3 times, and you seem to be dodging. Just in case you didn't see the question, I'll ask it yet again. If these rifles offer no tactical advantage over handguns, why did all the cops that stormed the school, who had no idea what they were facing, have rifles instead of their standard-issue handguns?

Please try to anser that question. My hypothesis, and I am certain that I'm correct, is that the cops chose rifles because they know that in most situations, it's easier for them to kill bad guys with rifles instead of handguns. And if that's true, it also holds true for bad guys.