View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 07:48 AM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No Jim that’s not what I said Amazon and Bezos are totally dependent on the infrastructure that society creates to make the business work.
They need healthy educated people to work for them, transportation to deliver and receive goods and all the rest of the public services to be able to conduct business.
They should carry their share.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you cried about the wealthy getting wealthier, without even trying to explain why that’s bad. Boo hoo.

Yes Amazon needs roads and bridges. Which is why the feds and states have gas taxes and tolls, which Amazon pays same as you.

i looked it up, in 2018 ( latest year i could find), the top 1% of the wealthiest, earned 20.9% of all adjusted gross income, and paid 40.1% of all federal income taxes.

they’re paying a vastly disproportionate share of our nations tax burden. We have a very progressive tax scale.

You can argue it should be tweaked, and maybe you’re right. But You can’t argue they’re not paying plenty already. not as a group in total.

also, do the math to see how
much more revenue would be generated under whatever marxist tax rate youd impose, and see how meaningless that amount is, compared to the federal budget. it’s not even worth discussing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...e-us-taxes.amp
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device