View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 10:04 PM   #9
redlite

Amazingly I have read only 2 fishing books my whole life. One was I think "on the run" about some dude up and down the coast and the other was "20 years on the cape". Both after I had already been doin/ living like them both for a long time in hopes of finding a secret that I hadn't already learned that would lead me to the ping pong table sized pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They were both enjoyable and boiled down to what I had already figured out by then. Nothing can replace experience and sacrificing everything else in your life, and actually being out there just doing it.
Look forward to finding the time to listen to this
Toby. By chance I reconnected with one of my old school backside crew guys this past season. Was emotionally satisfying to find out the status of the old timers that I learned so much from and have never stopped wondering about their existence since things went south down there. An interesting project would be for somehow, if they would be willing, get you to do sit downs with them before they are gone and their lifetimes of knowledge lost. They were the real deal silent warriors out there. Many were "the other dude" in stories we have all heard of legendary nites and catches that never were or wanted to be mentioned or remembered. They fished for their own personal glory with nothing to prove. Just pure passion for the game.
Glad u taking the time to make things about the good ole days.
Like your moniker has always said,
Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...
I have taken that to heart every time I see a post from you my old friend
And Krispy says yooooo
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote