View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Who you love making stuff up!

Why do you take actual stories with links .. then insert your own interpretation…. With out reading the article

Maybe you get your info from Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s claim that, “in most states,” Black residents are “the biggest group” of unvaccinated people.

He then added: “Well, the biggest group in most states are African Americans who have not been vaccinated. The last time I checked, over 90% of them vote for Democrats in their major cities and major counties.”

However, there is no support for the claim that Black people are the “biggest group” of people who have yet to get a shot.

a nonpartisan, health-issues organization, reported that across 40 states with comparable data as of Aug. 16, the percentage of people who had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine was 50% for whites, 45% for Hispanics and 40% for Blacks. Because Blacks (41.1 million) and Hispanics (62.1 million) make up a much smaller portion of the overall U.S. population than whites (204.3 million), those percentages indicate that, in raw numbers, far more white people remain unvaccinated against the disease.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/sc...-black-people/

I know fact-checking sites are fake
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I majored in math. I know (and never said or implied otherwise) that there are more unvaccinated white people than blacks. Lots more.

What I said (and I'm 100% correct) is that if you look at vaccination rates (do you know what a "rate" is? It's not clear that you do) by race, blacks have the very lowest vaccination rate of any race.

A 'rate' isn't the raw number that are unvaccinated, it's not the count of how many. it's the percentage that are unvaccinated. More than 60% of blacks aren't fully vaccinated. You said very clearly, those are blacks who are republicans, which is hysterical, because you also love to point out that there are so few blacks who are republicans.

If very few blacks are republicans (which is true), and 60% of blacks are not fully vaccinated (which is also true), how can you say the majority of unvaccinated blacks are republicans? How does that make any sense at all?

You also felt qualified to speculate on why so many republicans choose not to get vaccinated. Fine. Since you're the resident expert on why certain groups choose not to get vaccinated, please speculate as to why a high rate (again, that means a high percentage, not a high raw number) of blacks aren't getting vaccinated.

Jim: blacks have the highest rate of people who aren't vaccinated.

WDMSO: Jim is an idiot! He says there are more black people than white people!

Problem is, I never, ever came close to saying that.