View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Bob, you did what you guys always do, pretended I said something I never came close to saying. That's what one does when (1) you know I have a point, but (2) you're too small to admit it.

A few years ago, some sharp operative at the DNC crunched the numbers and figured out that if the left never stopped painting cops as racist assassins, they'd win more elections. Who care if it means more dead cops.

The left is demonizing cops. And way more cops are being killed now (which you denied). I can't prove a connection. But I know there's a connection.

The left believes the answer to violent crime, is smaller police presence. How many 1960s bad acid trips does it take, to believe something that stupid Bob?
First you repeat something that at best you heard or imagined about a democratic plan to make cops victims.
Because just like pointing out embedded racism in society makes you claim to be victimized, so does identifying an issue with police brutality puts police in the spotlight.

Police brutality exists and given the current climate that exists in policing with qualified immunity and strong unions it’s hard to change.

The current militarization and methods of policing need to change.
Every year expenditures go up and results go down.

But saying that pursuing change is claiming police are racist assassins is the way to ensure that rational change cannot happen.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin