Thread: Ben Sasse
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 07:57 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

On Sunday, former acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney tried to suggest that Trump had somehow changed, that he was a different person than he was just months ago when he was his loyal yes man.

This is nonsense on stilts. It is also absurd revisionism.

Mulvaney and Toomey both tried to claim on MeetthePress that what Trump did this week was a dramatic change from his behavior for previous five years. Toomey scoffingly says it wasn’t his job to be Trump’s "Twitter editor.” No American should fall for this BS.
Mulvaney also claimed that he was surprised that Trump’s words had consequences. "People took him literally. I never thought I'd see that.” Really?

To his credit, Chris Wallace pressed Mulvaney:
“ You were a top member of the administration when the president defended the white supremacists in Charlottesville. You were a top member of the administration, not the chief of staff, when the Trump administration separated parents coming across the border from their children. Why not resign over those?” Wallace asked.
The answer, of course, is that Mulvaney thought he could ride the whirlwind. Undoubtedly, he liked the access, the power, and he made the same Faustian Bargain as the rest of the GOP.

And he was astonished to find out the price was his soul.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device