Thread: Crow Help
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #17
Peterjay

A couple of the towns I've lived in have had huge crow concentrations; once they take up residence, there's not a thing you can do about it except learn to live with them. About 20 years ago, Westerly, RI had a flock of between 1,000 and 2,000 that would sometimes roost in back of my house. They were fairly quiet at night, but at first light, they'd start with the bickering and squawking. Sounded like Thanksgiving Eve at a turkey farm. It was like living in an Alfred Hitchcock movie, except it went on for years. People tried everything from screaming at town council meetings to waving dead crows around to tossing firecrackers to putting fake cats on their lawns. All it did was give the crows a good laugh and move them down the block until the fuss died down; then back they'd come. Nothing worked, and people tried everything there was to try. All they accomplished was proving that the entire town of Westerly couldn't outsmart a bunch of critters that had brains the size of peas. I had the good sense to leave town, but from what I heard, the crows stayed. For all I know they're still there. Hope so. They weren't any harder to get along with than most of my other neighbors.

Peterjay is offline   Reply With Quote