Thread: Crow Help
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Bronko

Crow Help

About a week ago I was in a different section of town dropping something off at a friends house. I got out of the car and looked up and thought I was in the movie The Birds. There had to have been 200-300 full sized adult crows in the trees in about a block sized area, crows on every branch. The noise was almost deafening...

Fast forward to Monday night, I pull up to the house and get out of my truck and i hear the same sound. It's dark, but as my eyes adjust I can see the same 'Murder'(can you tell I have been researching) of crows is now in my neighborhood. About 5-6 homes including mine have had the crows the the last 2 days. Both mornings they start at 5 am and by 6am I can hear them over a humidifier and a fan. The noise is incredible when they all start to squawk.

So I have done some research and I now know they are extremely intelligent, sociable creatures that prefer to stay true to one area to roost.

I was out the last 2 nights with noise makers and flashing the lights. They have vacated the trees in my yard, but are now in the neighbors trees. Anyone had anything like this. I guess my next step is fireworks/BB gun/etc. All illegal, but I am damn sure if they decide to sat, its going to be uncomfortable for them.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote