Thread: Is this true??
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 12:22 AM   #146
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Come on Scott, this is an easy one if he was paid to do the speeches, he lied about this.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...natech/412987/
I agree that he appears less than forthcoming regarding his answer...he was put on the spot and should not have out of hand dismissed any relationship

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...s-donald-trump
On NBC, Carson continued: “I am soft-spoken. I do have a tendency to be relaxed. I wasn’t always like that. There was a time when I was, you know, very volatile. But, you know, I changed.

“As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers. And, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone. And, you know, fortunately … my life has been changed. And I’m a very different person now.”

(The "" mean Carson actually said these words...")

Carson, the author of a number of bestselling books, has often told the story of his wayward youth and the time he attempted to stab a friend. The person he threatened with a hammer was his mother.

Does any of this preclude him from running? No, but his story is getting silly, and it appears he is twisting things to make his story sound even better which is too bad, because w/o the West Point or hammer or stab story he still has a compelling story

And yes Jim, Hillary lied about the sniper file to conflate things as well. Yes she probably knew Bill was having affair. Her story sucks as well.

It bothers me that all around these are the best we have to offer. Sanders can't win a general. Period, Nebe. Hillary will probably pick Jim Webb as a VP to get the middle of the road blue dog/Regan democrats and win the general.
I don't understand why the childhood anger issues are relevant or in question..he grew up in Detroit during the 60's.. do a little googling about Detroit during the 60's...we threw rocks at each other in my neighborhood and we didn't have race riots going on at the time, the little puke across the street threw a hammer at me once and got a beating for it...where did you guys grow up?...a couple of kids in my class blew themselves up with a pipe bomb and my brother got angry and chased me down the street with a knife once, I kept running because he seemed pretty serious...I'd never have threatened my mother mostly because my Dad would have kicked my ass...I'm not sure Carson's Dad was around...

Last edited by scottw; 11-09-2015 at 12:50 AM..