Thread: Dark Brandon
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 10:07 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
hundreds of thousands chanting/bumper stickers/etc FU Joe but point out 2 (or however many names you can come up with) isn't the same.

So do you tell your kids to basically yell F U President?

I doubt it.

Host Steve Doocy argued that there exists a division within the Republican Party comprised of traditional GOP members and MAGA supporters. But not everyone on the studio set agreed with that assessment.

"So what he is doing is talking about MAGA Republicans," Doocy said. "Not all Republicans were MAGA just like not all Democrats, you know, love the squad. So, there are different factions within the Republican Party. What he's doing is focusing on the people who fall in line with Donald Trump…"

This prompted fellow host Brian Kilmeade to jump into the conversation and argue, "The squad is extremist, and MAGA is not extremist. January 6th is an aberration," to which Campos-Duffy responded "Of course!"

Doocy noted that he thought Biden was attempting to "divide the Republican party by name. He was talking about the MAGA Republicans and the mainstream Republicans." But his co-hosts clearly were not hearing any distinctions.
"hundreds of thousands chanting/bumper stickers/etc FU Joe but point out 2 (or however many names you can come up with) isn't the same."

OK, so how about pointing to the riots in 2020, when democrats and the media ignored it and in some cases encouraged it?

You're right Paul, I can't point to thousands and thousands of democrats chanting the f-word in a political situation. But I can point to many of them engaging in violence, dishonestly demonizing those who disagree with them, many many other unacceptable things (Republicans also engage in this behavior). In terms of politically-motivated violence in our lifetimes, there's no comparison, none. The only right wing riot was January 6th, which was beyond disgusting, but it ain't a pattern. There's a pattern of riots on the left when they don't get their way.

"So do you tell your kids to basically yell F U President?"

No I don't. And I agree it's repulsive when others do it. But I can also say it's repulsive when Congresswoman Talib goes on TV talking about Trump and says "impeach the motherf*cker".

You want to claim that democrat voters are more refined in total than republicans, I agree 100%. A hundred percent. Democrats are wealthier than Republicans. That doesn't mean they treat their opponents with more respect than Republicans do.

"I doubt it."

A sincere thank you.

"Host Steve Doocy argued that there exists a division within the Republican Party comprised of traditional GOP members and MAGA supporters. But not everyone on the studio set agreed with that assessment."

I agree with Doocy. There's a chasm, it's not a civil war. The left has a similar split between more extreme progressives and the more moderate left.

Why is "Make America Great Again" a sinister thing? And how is it remotely fascist? There are some insults you can probably accurately use to describe the Trump fanatics, but "fascist" isn't one of them. They want the feds to leave them alone. That's the opposite of fascist.