View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 01:35 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You’re right in that I don’t think he’s a good leader, he’s demonstrated many times that he’s got a glass chin and can’t handle political battles.

What the #^&#^&#^&#^& did you THINK would happen?

The Florida GOP is the single best Republican party in the country, hands down. It has infinite money, a deep bench of consultants and operatives, and *wins.*
It’s Alabama football vs the Middle Missouri Girls’ Preparatory Academy Field Hockey team.
The FL Dems? Tough love time: they can’t organize a two-car motorcade, I’ve got more money in my glove compartment, and their skilled operators could fit around a Waffle House table.
And here’s the REAL tough love: they let themselves be painted as far to the left in a RED STATE. Florida is and has been and is become more of a red state by the day. The idea that DeSantis and Rubio “turned Florida red” is absurd, an almost hilariously bad take.
Florida was and has been a red state for a generation; blue wins were largely just statistical noise, certainly at the statewide level. This win is not the flex you think it is.

This is like Mike Tyson boxing with a 90 year old man in a nursing home. The outcome is not unexpected.

Frankly, the question isn’t why DeSantis won by 20 points. Rather, why didn’t he win by 40 points?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"he’s got a glass chin"

If he had a glass chin, he'd be dead by now. He's the second most attacked human by the left after Trump. If he had a glass chin, he wouldn't have such an unbelievable record of saying "no" to woke nonsense, because he knows he's going to get attacked for it. If he cared about protecting a glass chin, he wouldn't do most of what he does.

"can’t handle political battles."

Tell that to governor Crist.

"What the #^&#^&#^&#^& did you THINK would happen?"

Well, you posted polls saying Crist was going to win. Then you say a Desantis 20 point landslide wasn't any kind of upset. So if we looked up the phrase "wanting to have it both ways", there's be a photo of you.

I was confident Desantis was going to win. But any way you cut it, a 20 point increase in margin of victory, is a big deal.

"I don’t think he’s a good leader"

His constituents disagree, and so do many of the 850 people a day moving there.

"It’s Alabama football vs the Middle Missouri Girls’ Preparatory Academy Field Hockey team."

Again, that's sure not what you were saying a few days ago!

You are precious Pete. Watching you guys try to always spin every single event to serve The Narrative.

"Florida is and has been and is become more of a red state"

Except Obama won in twice! Some reliable red state!!

You guys will say ANYTIHNG to protect liberalism. What in Gods name is in that Kool Aid anyway?

You are very, very special.

"This is like Mike Tyson boxing with a 90 year old man in a nursing home. The outcome is not unexpected."

Again, do you not read your own posts?

He won in a landslide, he flipped Miami Dade which Hilary won by 30 points in 2016, he has soaring approval ratings, and huge numbers of people and businesses want to re-locate to his state. Despite having no income tax, he has managed to create a landscape that huge numbers of people and businesses want to move to. That's called "winning" buddy.

Keep howling ta the moon, Pete...