View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I could care less if "he" fails or succeeds but his successes should be the countries success. Giving everyone (regardless of income) $ is stupid. The virus hasn't really caused me any hardships or effected me personally (lost an Uncle to the virus and a bunch of others but they were all old and limits my time w/my dad) other than I've increased my donations to food banks. So I wasn't infavor of giving everyone $2K or even $600 (I don't think I'll get any money but not sure). I'm damn lucky.

The reason he wasn't going to sign the bill even though his admin. was negotiating it for months is one of the reasons I dislike him. He could have voice his concerns earlier or told the people on his staff who were neg. to change the bill but he waited until the last min. to display his strength while making the people who are suffering suffer more. He prob. wasn't even aware of the details of the neg. bc he didn't read his briefing papers, listen at briefings and was playing golf all weekend.

He is a lazy, unprepared, ignorant person who surrounds himself with vile people (Sydney Powell, Michael Flynn, etc).
That is pretty much my view. I haven't seen any personal hardships financially from the pandemic, but the family business (which I don't work for any longer) is tourism based and took a huge hit this year. I would rather see the funds go to folks in the harder hit industries, unemployment and small business grants/loans. We will get some pro-rated amount from this as I think we fall between the limits.

Of course he isn't aware. Is he lazy? Not per se, but he is a fat ass who takes carts on to greens golfing, so yes, he is physically lazy.

His his effort since the election is very much misdirected. He might sleep 4 hours but how many of those hours are spent watching OAN and NewsMax, rage tweeting and how many are spent trying to provide leadership on things that would help Americans. My guess is a fraction above 0%.

He has put the GOP is a brutal spot. The Democrats will keep bringing up the $2,000 number and the majority of the GOP in congress will vote against it, which to their credit sticks to their pretend (for the most part) guns on fiscal issues. The optics are terrible for them to many folks on this issue...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"