Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 10:51 AM   #23
Linesider82

Wiring pt2: Breaker block, fuses, terminal blocks, and busses

For this part I could have done a lot better if I thought about it a little more, but ultimately decided to "just put it in" and connect things LOL.
I'll come back to this in a minute.

3/19 Mounted circuit breaker block, main thermal fuse, terminal block, and bus bar
3-19-21.jpg

3/22 connecting more loads, and realized I'm running out of real-estate on the negative bus, and don't like stacking wiring.
3-22-21.jpg

3/31 added another bus, and the main negative bus
3-31-21.jpg

What I should have done differently: The terminal block positive loads and negative busses should have been parallel to create a single line of wiring and similar lengths of positive and negative wiring, and I also should have flipped the main breaker block over to have the negative bus it has closer to the group of negative busses on my panel.

What is left: The large cable connections between the battery and the loads pos & neg. I dropped the picture into my cad program and made myself a diagram of wire sizes and hardware remaining to order, priced it out on AMZ and also sent it to a couple marine stores to compare. Still waiting to hear back which seems to be the theme these days. I ran new main wires to the engine and also mounted the hydrolic steering cylinder and pulled the hydraulic lines, but now I'm a little short on "work" for in regards to keeping busy on the project.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote