Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #22
Linesider82

Wiring pt1: New mount surface.

Here's my progress since 3/9 on wiring, I know, super boring right? I actually think this is the best part because it's so important for safety and if a problem arises on the water, the ability to quickly diagnose the issue. It was also the portion of the project that I had the least knowledge of but Nigel Caulder's book and youtube were great resources particularly Jeff Cote from Pacific Yatch Systems video library were tremendously helpful.

Under the console was a small piece of plywood which I mentioned in a previous post. I removed it and this was my blank canvas before beginning any wiring.
3-09-21.jpg

I cut a piece of PVC board to fit the available space and was able to slide it into position. I had 2 pieces of hardware that I wanted to mount from the back so I took the pvc board out and secured my battery switch and charger/ACR.
3-13-21.jpg

To mount the board solo I propped the panel up then wedged it and drilled the holes. My eldest son got home from school and I said hey come give me a hand, so he held the bolts in place from the front of the console as I slid the panel over them. I had to rig a pin to hold a wrench to tighten them down because of the nylock nuts.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote