Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 09:52 PM   #83
Linesider82

Didn't hear the mail come and walked outside and noticed my transducer sitting on the steps. Had an hour before my son's baseball game and installed the transducer. I had downloaded the install guide first along with the mounting template. IMO it wasn't very accurate in regards to the height relationship of the actual mount. So instead of 3mm below the bottom of the boat I'm probably 8mm ... Hopefully it doesn't result in a rooster tail. Another note, if using a transom saver as opposed to drilling into the hull for mounting, I would recommend using a smaller drill bit than a 5/32" that the directions call for. The transom saver material is soft and I would have preferred a tighter fitment of the mounting screws along with a marine adhesive/sealant.

After baseball my other mail call of the day arrived which was the garmin RJ45 cable ends (ethernet) this cable is for my radar data which I cut because there was about 50'. There's a good youtube video on how to cut and install the cable end and since there are 2 configurations I had saved the end I cut to match the color order to the original end. The order is also printed in the box you get with these ends. The other reason you might need this info is pairing two displays. I made one about 16" long to run between my 1243 and the 942. The set of 2 garmin RJ45 ends and an 8pin crimper is about $28.

Anyways those 2 installs finished all of my wiring to 100% complete.

I tried the radar in the driveway but have no real sense of if it worked correctly. I wish a car drove by while I was checking it out.

Here's a quick video of my console
https://youtu.be/FgytD-xBfgo
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote