Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 11:57 PM   #72
Linesider82

"Hit my goal"

I knew April was aggressive for this project, thankfully we didn't have much rain. The move to get the console in the boat before I was done with wiring etc was good and bad. It was good because the console is in the boat before the construction year really takes off. It was also good because I got to spend the day with my Dad. It was bad because "now" all of my tools and power had to be relocated into the elements and away from my garage lighting. The project is not finished by any means but the important milestone of a sea trial (even if the sea was the CT river) was accomplished. What I learned was that the boat still hops out of the water onto plane out of the hole. Not only did we not lose top end speed, we actually hit 1mph faster than I ever ran it. Also... My eldest son James (6) asked the best question I ever heard, "So are we taking rods or what?" He's wise beyond his age.

At the launch, double ramp, I always try to launch with the wind pushing the boat into the dock, and take out opposite. I see a boat seemingly rushing across the river to the ramp and intermittently pausing. I said to my wife take the kids to the side so we get the correct side, I back up and see this person coming in behind me like I didn't exist but he yelled that he was breaking down. Ran and grabbed his boat before it was going to hit the concrete ramp. If it wasn't after 6pm and not my first put-in I'd have helped the guy get his boat on his trailer. Felt bad and also was curious of the failure but had to tell myself do what you are here to do. My son James said he wanted to help so I showed him how to switch lines, and he did it perfectly. He wanted to hold the lines too but I was unsure with a 10mph south wind and that console if it would pull him in so I had my wife hold & tie off the lines.
KIMG1366.jpg
My little guy was fighting wearing his PFD but he was "okay" when I put mine on too.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote