Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:08 PM   #71
Linesider82

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Got the same ducer it’s longer than I expected , haven’t played with it a lot did find some tires using the side scan I hadn’t seen before , what’s your take on standard chirp or clear view my old striker had both but they were not any better than traditional view that I could tell
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Chirp is a range of frequencies which translates to better target separation. Traditional sonar is a single frequency so if you go over a school of bass for instance it would "see" the top and maybe some of the bottom of the school. It would "look" like two schools. With chirp you'll likely see that the school is actually completely thick with fish from top to bottom it'll show the individual fish for the most part.

I cannot wait to install the ducer so I can start figuring everything out.

We put the boat in tonight! I'm so excited. We left the dog home because I didn't know if the CTDeep put the docks in yet. We ran about 30 miles r/t from East Haddam north on the CT river to Portland, I wanted to get to middletown but a rain storm cut us off. The boat with the console had zero change in performance. I thought for sure id lose some top speed but we actually hit the fastest I've ever done, and the hole shot felt just as good.

I'll put up some pics when I get to the computer.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote