Thread: Good ole Rhody
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
FishermanTim

Isn't just a joy to know that even though it was THEIR screw-up, you get to experience the fun and frivality of the DMV/RMV up close and personal.

I had my own experience (from15-20yrs ago) with the RMV in MA.
I couldn't renew my drivers license due to an outstanding tax bill.

It seems that a guy on my block has the same SS# as me, except the first 3 #'s were reversed. I was receiving an excise bill for his car.

I didn't own a vehicle at that time, so I replied back that there must have been a mistake. They mailed theie reply: No, that info is correct.
I re-replied that that is wrong, and that I don't own that vehicle, and that if this persist, I will have to file a stolen vehicle report. They reply:No you can't do that. I reply: Well, since I don't have the vehicle, it's obviously stolen, and since you are making me pay a tax for the car, I want it back!
They did more extensive research (a rarity in this state) and found their error. Of course that wasn't until the last notice from the RMV sent one last reminder to"Just pay it".

After 4 month of back-and-forth mailing, the issue was FINALLY resolved in my favor.

Now, although I did know someone that worked in the RMV, the system in place is a joke, and it only forces the resulting problems to become a constant part of the everyday workings of the RMV.

In simple terms: They reap what they have sown, they get what they deserve. Unfortunately WE aren't getting what we pay for, which is good, accurate and timely service.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote